Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Absolutely GORGEOUS mp3 player


Quite possibly the most gorgeous mp3 player I've ever seen, the iRiver SPINN is going to be released soon. If I wasn't b*lls deep in the iPod/iPhone world, this would absolutely my go to player (assuming the user interface was easy and enjoyable to use). The most amazing feature is the spinning barrel that allows you to select through the menu system and apparently features haptic (read physical) feedback as you scroll through it. According to engadget, it features a 3.3-inch, 480 x 272 pixel AMOLED display, T-DMB TV, Bluetooth, and new analog SPINN Wheel we've seen kicking around since CES. Currently on pre-order for South Korea with the 4GB model fetching 259,000KRW (about $259) or 8GB for 299,000KRW (about $299). That's right, it maxes out with just 8GB of flash. Check out their product page (in Korean): SPINN  

This is one of those few products that I'll be keeping my eye on after its been on sale for a while... 

COMMENTARY SECTION:
I don't know about you my fellow designers, but I actually collect products, packaging and items that I've loved over time as samples of what our collective humanity has made that inspires and enhances our lives. Like art but in a very different sort of context – I've always been inspired by the functional, creative and unique methods that humanity (for good and evil) has sought to solve problems and excite people. I've kept my ipods and I plan on keeping my iphones... I've kept my Nokia l'amour phone because it was in my opinion a great expression of adding value and customer connection to an otherwise disposable product etc etc; And if I have the ability, I'll do the same with this!

Sherif

No comments: